Wednesday, March 4, 2015

What corners would you put in your ultimate Formula 1 track?

Earlier today Sky Sports F1 released Martin Brundle's ultimate F1 track in which he put all the best corners together in one track. I thought it would be an interesting idea to to the same. For Brundle's track, he took corners from every track on the current F1 calendar so we will do the same.


Australia: 11 and 12 There are not too many iconic corners around Albert Park so I thought I would include the fastest chicane  on the track.

Malaysia: 5, 6, 12, and 13: Once again I took the fast sweepers from Sepang and added them to my ultimate F1 track. I also think the front straight would make a good addition for the cars to show its horsepower.

China: 1-3: Instead of once again including fast sweepers, I thought I would include the first complex of corners from China. This complex is unique and there is not another set like it in Formula 1.

Bahrain: 11: Bahrain is a difficult one without any real iconic corners so I included turn 11 which is one of the faster corners on the track coming off the back straight.

Spain: 3: Turn 3 is a long fast corner which I think would make a great addition to my ultimate F1 track.It involves a lot of commitment and it difficult to get right.

Monaco: 6. 13. and 14: The corners around Monaco are so recognizable that you could just about include any one of them in an ultimate F1 track. I chose to add the hairpin because it is probably the most recognizable of all the corners and then the first chicane at the swimming pool


Canada: 13 and 14: I chose to add the final chicane from Canada because it has always been very difficult for drivers to get right and over the years we have seen many drivers crash into the outside wall. This would add another difficult challenge to my ultimate F1 track.

Austria: 1, 8, and 9: I think the entire Austria track is great but I chose to add the first turn which goes uphill and then the very quick last two corners which add a unique challenge.

Britain: 9-15: The sequence from Copse corner all the way through Stowe is one of my favorites in Formula 1. The fast sweepers are challenging and require a lot of commitment to get right.

Germany: 1: I used the Nurburgring for Germany and included the first turn because I think if it was coming off of a long straight could provide a great overtaking opportunity.

Hungary: 14: I had a difficult time picking something from the Hungaroring because I don't really like any of the corners so I ended up picking the last turn which is fast for a 180 degree corner.

Belgium: 2-4, 10, 11, and 17: Spa is full of iconic corners and just like Monaco you could include about the entire track. First I chose Eau Rouge because that is my favorite corner in Formula 1. Then I chose Pouhon which is another of the great fast corners and lastly I chose Blanchimont.

Italy 11: For Monza, I chose the Parabolica because it is another corner that you recognize as soon as you see. I also think it provides a great challenge for the drivers as well.


Singapore: 5-7: I chose this part of Singapore because it provides a long straight which at the end can provide a decent overtaking opportunity

Japan: 1-7, 15: The first seven corners around Suzuka are a series of fast sweepers that like Silverstone is one of my favorite sequence of corners in F1 and could not resist adding the entire section to my ultimate F1 track. I also included 130R as another great fast corner.

Russia: .3: I chose turn 3 at Russia because I thought it was unique and would make a great addition to my ultimate F1 track.

United States: 1: I could have added the section after turn 1 but I already have two sections of very fast sweepers so I just included the first turn. The run up the hill and tight turn will add another opportunity to overtake.

Mexico: 9-11: Mexico is difficult to judge because we have't seen current F1 cars go around it but I chose turns 9-11 because they look like they could be a challenging addition of fast corners.

Brazil: 1-3: I would also add the entire front straight leading up to the Senna S in Brazil. I think that this is one of the best opportunities to overtake in Formula 1 and the extreme elevation change can be challenging.

Abu Dhabi 2-4: These are the only corners on the track that I really like so therefore the ones I included. One last fast chicane would add another challenge.

This is what would make up my ultimate Formula 1 track. It has a total of 57 corners including all of the tracks on the calendar this year. How would you make your ultimate F1 track? Please share what would be your favorite corners to add in the comments section below. Also, don't forget to check out Martin Brundle's track. It looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment